Top Gear Technologies Website Hosting Terms and Conditions
This Hosting Agreement governs your purchase and use, in any manner, of all Web site hosting, ordered by you and accepted by Top Gear Technologies and describes the terms and conditions that apply to such purchase and use of the Services. You AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN. Top Gear Technologies reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement at any time and from time to time in its sole discretion, and to determine whether and when any such changes apply to both existing and future customers. Top Gear Technologies may make changes or modifications to referenced policies and guidelines without notice to you. Your continued use of the Services following Top Gear Technologies ‘ posting of any changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
1. Payment. As consideration for Top Gear Technologies providing the Hosting Services hereunder, Customer agrees to pay Top Gear Technologies the aggregate monthly fee based on the monthly hosting services and the terms selected.
2. Provision of Services. Top Gear Technologies will provide Customer with the Services ordered that are described in the Hosting Package Features elsewhere in this document. Customer understands and agrees that Top Gear Technologies will host and create the Web site solely in accordance with the information provided by Customer.
3. Rights to the Web Site and Content. With the exception of any Third-Party Materials and Background Technology as set forth in Section 4, Customer owns the Customer Content. “Customer Content” means all content or information (including, without limitation, any text, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics, data, or software), in any medium, provided by Customer to Top Gear Technologies. “Third-Party Materials” means any content, software, or other computer programming material that is owned by an entity other than Top Gear Technologies, and licensed by Top Gear Technologies or generally available to the public, including Customer, under published licensing terms, and that Top Gear Technologies will use to display or run a Web site.
4. Limited License to the Background Technology. “Background Technology” means computer programming/formatting code or operating instructions developed by or for Top Gear Technologies and used to host or operate the Web site or a Web server in connection with a Web site. Background Technology includes, but is not limited to, any files necessary to make forms, buttons, checkboxes, and similar functions and underlying technology or components, such as style sheets, animation templates, interface programs that link multimedia and other programs, customized graphics manipulation engines, and menu utilities, whether in database form or dynamically driven. Background Technology does not include any Customer Content. Customer may not duplicate or distribute any Background Technology to any third party without the prior written consent of Top Gear Technologies. All rights to the Background Technology not expressly granted to Customer hereunder are retained by Top Gear Technologies. Without limiting the foregoing, Customer agrees not to reverse-engineer, reverse-assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code of the Background Technology, except as allowed by law.
5. Limited License to Content. Customer hereby grants to Top Gear Technologies the limited, nonexclusive right and license to copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, create derivative works from, modify, and otherwise use and exploit Web site, any Customer Content, or any Customer Marks provided to Top Gear Technologies hereunder, solely for the purpose of rendering Top Gear Technologies’ Services under this Agreement. Such limited right and license shall extend to no other materials or for any other purpose and will terminate automatically upon termination of this Agreement for any reason.
6. Content Standards. Customer agrees not to provide Customer Content, and Top Gear Technologies will not intentionally provide to Customers any content, that (a) infringes on any third party’s intellectual property or publicity/privacy rights; (b) violates any applicable law or regulation; (c) is defamatory, violent, clearly harmful, or obscene or pornographic or infringes on citizens’ rights; or (d) contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage or interfere with any system, data, or personal information. If Customer is international, then Customer agrees to comply with all applicable local and national laws. Top Gear Technologies reserves the right to refuse any other subject matter it deems inappropriate.
7. Support. Top Gear Technologies agrees to provide reasonable technical support by email to customers during Top Gear Technologies’ normal technical support hours. Top Gear Technologies will provide customer support by telephone if the customer purchased telephonic support time.
8. Term and Termination. (a) This Agreement is effective as of the Effective Date and shall continue unless terminated; (b) Top Gear Technologies may terminate this Agreement after five (5) days’ written notice to Customer if Customer materially breaches this Agreement, including, without limitation, failure to pay, and fails to cure such breach during such five (5) day period; and (c) upon the termination of this Agreement, Customer will pay Top Gear Technologies for all Services provided to Customer by Top Gear Technologies prior to termination. Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11, and 12 will survive termination of this Agreement.
9. Warranty Disclaimer. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Services are provided “as is,” and Top Gear Technologies expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, express, implied, or statutory, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Interruption of Service: You hereby acknowledge and agree that Top Gear Technologies will not be liable for any temporary delay, outages or interruptions of the Services. Each party acknowledges that it has not entered into this Agreement in reliance upon any warranty or representation except those specifically set forth herein. Unless an approval process is specified herein or in a Statement, all Hosting provided by Top Gear Technologies to a Customer will be deemed accepted when delivered.
10. Indemnity. (a) Customer Indemnity. Customer will defend Top Gear Technologies against any third-party claim, action, suit, or proceeding alleging any breach of the covenants contained in Section. Subject to Section 11, Customer shall indemnify Top Gear Technologies for all losses, damages, liabilities, and all reasonable expenses and costs incurred by Top Gear Technologies as a result of any such third-party claim, action, suit, or proceeding.
11. Limitation of Liability. Top Gear Technologies’ LIABILITY HEREUNDER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER TO Top Gear Technologies DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD BEFORE THE ACTION AROSE. Top Gear Technologies SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR (A) ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, OR INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS OR (B) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OR ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF Top Gear Technologies HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THESE LIMITATIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND ABSENT SUCH LIMITATIONS, Top Gear Technologies WOULD NOT ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT.